Wednesday, March 30, 2011

From the Village to Notre Dame

Here's a "photojournal" (I believe that is the proper term of art for such things; I like to sound like I'm in the know) of my walk from our apartment to the village. I took the pictures shortly before (maybe during) finals week. Thankfully there has not been any snow on the ground for a couple weeks, although I'm sure it will be back for a curtain call. Please excuse my questionable photography skills.

The Village Drive

Two of the apartment buildings. The fence is conjoined to all buildings and encloses the playground.

The path through the woods north of campus towards school.

One road led through a wood, and I, I took the only one traveled by, and that has not made a difference.

Holy Cross Cemetery. Holy Cross Priests and Brothers have been buried here from the 1850s to the present. Straight through the gates at the back of the cemetery is a beautiful large crucifix.

Footprints and St. Mary's Lake, thoroughly iced.

The Golden Dome, seen through the trees and from behind.

The Grotto, Dome, and Basilica, along with the large plastic Nativity scene they erected during the Christmas season.

I really like this picture of the Grotto; you can see the Dome glinting through the trees. On the right side of the picture you can see the altar and lectern which they occasionally use (in warmer months) to say Mass.

Candles at the Grotto.

Statue of Christ the Redemptor, looking away from the Dome down God Quad towards Notre Dame Avenue. The statue in the distance is of Fr. Sorin, who established the University.

180 degrees from the previous picture; the most famous college building around. Love the sight of this.

Looking across South Quad at the Law School Library, with the main law school building behind it.

The End. I hope you enjoyed this; for those of you who already know what Notre Dame looks like, or don't care, I apologize and promise to post something of actual substance sometime before summer (i.e., June.)

Also, it occurred to me today that when/if I have son(s), and they are about the age of 8, I should saran wrap his bedroom door before he gets up in the morning and videotape the ensuing shenanigans.

No comments:

Post a Comment